Click here or press the Escape key to leave this site now

Brexit: Staying in the UK

For women with European citizenship

If you are a citizen of an EU country (including Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland) and you started living in the UK before 31 December 2020, you should have applied to the EU Settlement Scheme before the deadline on 30 June 2021 to keep your right to live and work in the UK.

If you didn't submit an application or have questions about your immigration status, benefits or your experience of abuse, the following organisations can advise you:

  • Citizens Advice Scotland

They offer information and support to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme and can answer your questions about government financial and housing benefits:

Helpline: 0800 916 9847 (open Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm)

  • Citizens’ Rights Project

This organisation offers support to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.


  • Scottish Women’s Rights Centre

Contact us if you are experiencing abuse and you would like to explore your legal options. All our services are free and confidential.

Helpline: 08088 010 789 (open Monday to Friday, see opening times here).
Advice appointments: find how to book an appointment here.
Help guides: you can read and download our guides.

  • Support if you’re experiencing abuse

If you have been affected by any form of abuse or violence, please know that you are not alone.

In this list you will find organisations that can support you.

Back to Brexit


08088 010 789

Our helpline is currently available at the following times:

- Tuesdays between 1PM and 4PM

- Wednesdays between 10AM and 1PM

Important: from 10 January 2022 our helpline is temporarily moving to a new format. You can read more about these changes here.