Our advice surgeries are an opportunity to discuss your case in detail with one of our solicitors and get more specific legal advice.
COVID-19 UPDATE: advice surgeries are taking place remotely via telephone or video call. We will offer some face-to-face appointments once lockdown restrictions allow it.
Booking an appointment
Our advice surgeries last 1 hour and they are available by appointment only. To book:
- Check the next available dates at the bottom of this page
- Call our helpline to book an appointment on 08088 010 789 (see opening times here)
- We will ask for some contact information and initial details about the advice
- If you need a language interpreter to
communicate with our solicitors, let us know when booking. We can provide
one for free.
Urgent legal advice: If you need urgent advice, you
should find a solicitor using the Law Society of
Preparing for your appointment
Some things to consider before and during your appointment:
- Safety: find a safe, private and
comfortable place to make the call.
- Technical considerations: make sure you have good
telephone connection / internet signal and that your camera and microphone work correctly, if you're doing a video call.
- Documents: if there are any documents relevant
to your case, make sure to have them nearby or save them on your computer
in case our solicitor asks to see them.
- Emotional support: at the end of the call, we
will check if you would like to speak to one of our Advocacy Workers about
your situation and how it is impacting you.
- Feedback: finally, we will send you a short
survey so you can tell us about your experience with us.
Next advice surgeries
Our advice surgery appointments last up to 1 hour. The next available dates are:
- Monday 16th August, 10am - 1pm
Call our helpline to book an appointment.