Click here or press the Escape key to leave this site now

Support for university students

If you have been a victim of abuse or violence and in need of immediate help, all universities recommend that you contact 999 and confide in someone you trust.

Below is a list of services at your university which offer advice and support:

The University of Aberdeen

  • Fill out the online report form here
  • Student Support Number: 0122 427 3935.

Abertay University

Visit this site to find information on:

  • Gender based violence, domestic violence and sexual violence
  • External support helplines
  • Contact details for the coordinator
  • Resources for survivors as well as local support.

The University of Dundee

The first step is to contact the

Enquiry Centre and speak to a Student Support Adviser. You can go in person or contact them by:

  • Email: (include the word ‘Support’ in the subject line).
  • Phone: 01382 381900

You can find the following guidelines:

  • What happens after the incident
  • Reporting sexual assault or sexual misconduct
  • Reporting bullying or harassment
  • RCS Survivors guide after being sexually harassed
  • Guidelines for reporting Third Party Sexual Harassment

The University of Edinburgh

Students should contact the Advice Place as soon as possible. There are a number of ways in which you can do this:

  • Email:
  • Call on of the two Advice Place offices:
    Potterrow Contact Number: 0131 560 9295
    King’s Building Contact Number: 0800 206 2341
  • Text the advice centre on: 07537 402 004
  • Student Counselling Number: 0131 650 4170

Edinburgh Napier University

To report an incident contact university authorities using the information below:

The University of Glasgow

You can complete and submit a report and support form or phone: 0141 330 5532.

Glasgow Caledonian University

The University has a team of 13 First Responders which you can contact if an incident occurs. Their contact details can be found here.

Glasgow School of Art

Students can follow this link to access the complaints procedure.

Heriot-Watt University

Students should refer to the Report it Form.

University of the Highlands and Islands

The University of the Highlands and Islands has several campuses, each with their own student support service, which students can contact to report any incidents or make a complaint.

  • Argyll College: 01631 559 673
  • Highland Theological College:
  • Dingwall: 01349 790000
  • Paisley: 01349 780001
  • Inverness College: 01463 273 230
  • Lewis Castle College: 01851 770 280
  • Moray College: 01343 576 269
  • NAFAC Marine Centre: 01595 772 216
  • North Highland College:
  • All Students: 01847 889 310
  • Nursing Students: 01463 279 802
  • Orkney College: 01856 569275
  • Perth College: 01738 877379
  • Sabhal Mor Ostaig: 01471 888305
  • Shetland College: 01595 771 236
  • West Highland College: 01397 874 380

The Open University

To access support, students can read this guide to reporting.

Queen Margaret University

To get support you can:

Royal Scottish Conservatoire

For complaints, use the following contacts:


Before making a complaint, students can first read this information about the complaints procedure.

University of St. Andrews

Students can contact the support services using the details below:

University of Stirling

Use the contact details below:

University of Strathclyde

There are reporting centres available which students can contact:

  • 24 Hours: 0141 548 3333
  • Advice Centre: 0141 548 4273
  • USSA Advice Hub: 0141 567 5040

Students can fill out an anonymous reporting form.

University of the West of Scotland


08088 010 789

Our helpline is currently available at the following times:

- Tuesdays between 1PM and 4PM

- Wednesdays between 10AM and 1PM

Important: from 10 January 2022 our helpline is temporarily moving to a new format. You can read more about these changes here.