What are my options?
The nature and type of legal information, advice and representation that we can offer you will very much depend on your circumstances. Once you have contacted us, we’ll work with you to find the best way forward for you.
This can include, but is not limited to:
- Applying for legal protection orders to protect you from harassment
- Advice on the process of reporting a crime of gender based violence and support in doing this
- Advice on your rights as a victim in the criminal justice system
- Asking for a Right to Review in situations where the Procurator Fiscal has decided not to prosecute
- Advice on custody and child contact arrangements where there has been gender based violence
- Providing information about your legal rights when a relationship that included gender based violence or abuse has ended
- Giving advice on housing and welfare issues
- Advice on Criminal Injuries Compensation
- Advice on immigration and visa issues where there has been violence or abuse
- Support applying for Forced Marriage Protection Orders
- Advice on legal options where there is risk of or incidents of female genital mutilation
- Advice handling the complaint, appeal and review processes