Languages | InclusionClick here or press Escape to leave this site now
Call our helpline

Support for University students

If you have been a victim of abuse or violence and in need of immediate help, all universities recommend that you contact 999 and confide in someone you trust.

Below is a list of services at your university which offer advice and support:

The University of Aberdeen

Abertay University

Visit this site to find information on:

The University of Dundee

The first step is to contact the

Enquiry Centre and speak to a Student Support Adviser. You can go in person or contact them by:

You can find the following guidelines:

The University of Edinburgh

Students should contact the Advice Place as soon as possible. There are a number of ways in which you can do this:

Edinburgh Napier University

To report an incident contact university authorities using the information below:

The University of Glasgow

You can complete and submit a report and support form or phone: 0141 330 5532.

Glasgow Caledonian University

The University has a team of 13 First Responders which you can contact if an incident occurs. Their contact details can be found here.

Glasgow School of Art

Students can follow this link to access the complaints procedure.

Heriot-Watt University

Students should refer to the Report it Form.

University of the Highlands and Islands

The University of the Highlands and Islands has several campuses, each with their own student support service, which students can contact to report any incidents or make a complaint.

The Open University

To access support, students can read this guide to reporting.

Queen Margaret University

To get support you can:

Royal Scottish Conservatoire

For complaints, use the following contacts:


Before making a complaint, students can first read this information about the complaints procedure.

University of St. Andrews

Students can contact the support services using the details below:

University of Stirling

Use the contact details below:

University of Strathclyde

There are reporting centres available which students can contact:

Students can fill out an anonymous reporting form.

University of the West of Scotland

Facebook Twitter YouTube LinkedIn
Back to top


08088 010 789

Our daytime helpline is currently available:

Our evening helpline, staffed by pro-bono solicitors who can provide initial advice, is currently available:

For up-to-date availability including any upcoming closures, please click here.

Please note our helplines will be unavailable between 20th December 2023 and 8th January 2024 while our Centre is closed for the holidays.