Languages | InclusionClick here or press Escape to leave this site now
Call our helpline

For women with a European partner

European partner

If you are married, in a civil union or in a long-term relationship with a citizen of an EU country (including Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland) and you started living in the UK together before 31 December 2020, you should have applied to the EU Settlement Scheme before the deadline on 30 June 2021.

Listen to this information in your language

If you didn't submit an application or you have questions about your immigration status, benefits or your experience of abuse, the following organisations can advise you.

Citizens Advice Scotland

They offer information and support to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme and can answer your questions about government financial and housing benefits:

Helpline: 0800 916 9847 (open Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm)

Citizens’ Rights Project

This organisation can offer support related to an application to the EU Settlement Scheme.


Scottish Women’s Rights Centre

Contact us if you are experiencing abuse and you would like to explore your legal options. All our services are free and confidential.

Helpline: 08088 010 789 (open Monday to Friday, see opening times here).
Advice appointments: find how to book an appointment here.
Help guides: you can read and download our guides.

Support if you’re experiencing abuse

If you have been affected by any form of abuse or violence, please know that you are not alone.

In this list you will find organisations that can support you.

Facebook Twitter YouTube LinkedIn
Back to top


08088 010 789

Our daytime helpline is currently available:

Our evening helpline, staffed by pro-bono solicitors who can provide initial advice, is currently available:

For up-to-date availability including any upcoming closures, please click here.